How to Get Involved
Make a difference! There are many ways to get involved with Habitat for Humanity in the Roanoke Valley.
- Sponsor a house! It costs approximately $110,00-$130,000 to build a Habitat house and the sponsorship options include: Full Sponsorship ($50,000), Half Sponsorship ($25,000), Quarter Sponsorship ($12,500), and Eighth Sponsorship ($6,250). Donations Page or call Betsy Whitney at 540-344-07, ext. 304 for more information.
- Shop the Habitat ReStore or donate new and used goods! Recycle your items to help build a home for a family in need. Shop our Habitat ReStore for good quality merchandise to repair, update, re-model or restore your home today. For more information call 540-767-2267.
- Donations of other kinds! Donate cars, land, or building materials. Bring food for volunteers on the work-site. For more information call our office at 540-344-0747.
- Volunteer! Whether it's hammering a nail or helping a customer, we can find a place for you! Volunteers are welcome on the work-site and at the Habitat ReStore. Please Contact Kellie Reynolds at 540-344-0747, ext. 306.
- Join our can-recycling program! Ask your company to get involved by recycling aluminum cans. All proceeds go towards building homes for families in need. To get involved, call our office at 540-344-0747.
- Join a Committee! Volunteer your time and skills to help enrich the lives of others. Join one of our committees: Building, Development, Partnership, Family Selection or Faith Relations. (Committees:)
- Contribute in other ways! Ask if your company has a gift matching program. Give a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one by visiting our donation page.
- Attend a Dedication! Join us for the most special event. Celebrate with a Habitat family as we give them the key to their new home! For times and dates of these special events please call us at 540-344-0747.